If you want to replace your current window treatment, you should aim to strike a balance between function and aesthetic appeal. Though there are many window treatments you can consider, you should pay more attention to blinds sydney.
You often hear many interchange blinds and shades. Although blinds and shades essentially serve the same basic function, there is a significant difference you must remember. The difference is the piece of material. Blinds are made from individual slats while shades are made from one piece of material.
Now that you understand the difference, it is time to pick the right window blinds. Here are some insider tips for picking the right window blinds:
Understand the types of blinds
To choose well, you have to understand the types of blinds first. Some blind types include the following:
- Vertical blinds: these blinds feature individual slats that are connected at the top of the blind.
- Venetian blinds: these blinds are the most popular. It features horizontal slats that are attached to a string.
- Mini blinds: essentially, mini blinds are similar to Venetian blinds but they feature smaller width.
- Micro blinds: the tiniest version of blinds is micro blinds, which feature ½ inches thick slats.
- Panel blinds: these blinds are for large windows and patio doors. It features parts that move along a track allowing you to operate it.
Know about blinds materials
Blinds come in different materials. Some blinds materials include the following:
- Wood: this is the most popular because it offers natural warmth and beauty. Wooden blinds are the most expensive.
- Faux wood: this type of blind gives off the same warmth and beauty of natural wood but it is made of synthetic materials. With this, they are more economical.
- Metal: these blinds are slick and beautiful. They also offer resistance to moisture making them a good choice for humid environments.
- Plastic: this is the most economical of all materials. The best part is they are suited for many applications although they do not provide the same luxurious look like wood and metals.
Determine the features you need
Before you start looking for blinds, you should have an idea where you will put it. Since there are different types of blinds, you can choose according to the room or the features. Some features include the following:
- Thermal: this feature is popular for its insulating properties. In the end, it can significantly reduce the amount of wasted energy. With this, it can help keep the room warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Blackout: this is used for rooms where privacy is the key. With this feature, it can help completely block the external light. This is also called light control.
- Cordless: this feature is important if you have pets and children around. Having cordless blinds will ensure safety. When it comes to operation, you will only need to adjust it with the touch of a hand.
- Price: the price is broad, which means there will always be something according to your set budget.
- Style: as for the style, you just make sure that they look best in your space.
About the Author
Joie Catadman wants to help many homeowners by writing buying guides and home improvement solutions at Sites by design. She strongly believes that with the right information, things will change for the better. When she is not writing, she loves listening to music or reading.